The Palms Subdivision

Joseph Curtis (1839-1920), Edward Healey Sweetser (1844-1916) and Cornelius Gooding Harrison (1829-1904) purchased 500 acres of Rancho La Ballona for $80 an acre and subdivided it as “The Palms.”  E. T. Wright, County Surveyor, laid out the site in November and the plat was recorded on December 24, 1886. 

According to this January 1887 advertisement, Town Lots were 50 x 150 feet with a 20-foot alley while Villa Lots were from 5 to 10 acres each.
Scroll to Top